Energy Healing With Chakra Stones
Gemstones have long been used for healing--of mind, body and spirit. Many energy healers and other alternative healers
today incorporate them into their work.
There are any number of ways that you could use chakra gemstones--your imagination is your only limit. But I'll explain
one commonly used method here, what might be called "laying on of stones."
Keep in mind that the way to make any technique effective is to do it mindfully, with sacred intention to support the
health of your energy system.
You can do a healing in which you treat each of the seven chakras, or you can just do a "spot treatment" for a particular
chakra that's feeling "off" if you have less time.
Laying on of Stones
- Select the chakra stones /gems /crystals that you will be using.
- Clear your stones when you first acquire them, and then before every healing. Ways to clear a stone include washing it in
salt water (sea water or water in which sea salt has been dissolved); burying it in the earth (point down); exposing it to moonlight; running it under cool water; or holding it in your closed fist
and "blowing into it" (blow into the small gap where your thumb and index finger are curled around each other) with the intention to purify it.
- Put your chakra stones in a place where they'll be accessible to you once you lie down.
- Lie down on a comfortable surface. Attend to your comfort with a blanket and a pillow under your knees or head if needed.
Take a few minutes to breathe deeply and slowly into your belly (actually into the lower third of your lungs, but your belly will rise and fall if you're doing it correctly!). Set your intention for
this healing session. If you're just going to work with one chakra, set the specific intention for that chakra. If you're going to work with all the chakras, set a general intention for this
- If you're only going to work with one chakra, place the stone over that chakra.
- If you're going to work with the whole chakra system, you can proceed in either of two ways. You can start at the crown
chakra and work your way down, in order, to the first chakra (sky to earth--e.g. for helping the recipient ground and center, relieve headaches and anxiety, manifest something on a physical plane);
or you can go the other way, starting at the root chakra and working your way up to the crown (earth to sky--e.g. for raising the recipient's energy to a higher vibration, enhancing spiritual
development, increasing physical energy). Don't sweat the direction choice--just go with what feels right.
- If you place the stones top to bottom, have any points on the stones facing toward your feet. Conversely, if you're
placing the stones bottom to top, place any stones with points so that the points face your head.
- Some healers also like to place a stone/gem/crystal above their head and below their feet. You may also like to hold a
stone in each hand.
- If a stone doesn't feel comfortable or "feels wrong" or keeps rolling off once you place it, go with that feeling and
remove it, either leaving that chakra without a stone, or using a different one.
- As you place each chakra stone, you may want to set a specific intention for the healing of that particular chakra, sense
the energy of the stone, and visualize its bright color and harmonious energy "tuning" the chakra.
- After all the stones that you will be using have been set, simply rest for a while, allowing your chakras to be balanced
and cleared by the chakra stones. Breathe slowly and evenly; empty your mind as much as possible, going into the "space between thoughts."
- When the stones start to roll off your body, or when it feels right, end the healing. Remove the stones one by one in
order. You can thank them if that feels right.
- Gently return your awareness to the here and now, and allow yourself to transition slowly back into your daily life.
Drink a glass of water, and perhaps eat a piece of fruit.
- You may want to write in your journal about what you've experienced.
- At some point, re-clear your chakra stones.
- Watch for gentle, positive changes for the next week or so.